7 Impressive Facts About Fortinet
Fortinet offers excellent network security at affordable pricing, making them among the most popular firewall vendors. This is proven by the high rating in NSS Labs tests, where firewalls were ranked highly for security effectiveness, value as well as overall performance. Founded in 2000, Fortinet launched its first FortiGate firewall in 2002, proceeding to complete its IPO in 2009. Fortinet offers network security resources for data centers, enterprises and offices.
Read further to learn some interesting facts about Fortinet and FortiGate’s NGFWs.
- FortiGate’s Next Generation Firewalls (NGFWs) protect networks from security threats, malware as well as dangerous websites in both encrypted and unencrypted traffic. Additional threat intelligence can be integrated by means of other Fortinet security services to maximise coverage & visibility.
- Fortinet has high ranking security and performance. The FortiGate 500E was tested among other network security services, giving it a security effectiveness rating as high as 99.3%. This is behind only Forcepoint among all the products that were tested. The performance is also quite impressive, ranking at a strong 6,753 Mbps.
- Quite high in value, Fortinet was given a US$2 TCO per protected Mbps. This is the best value among all the products tested.
- Simple & seamless implementation has been reported by users of Fortinet, who claim that product integration has been hassle-free as well.
- Fortinet’s products are easy-to-use with an intuitive user interface. According to users, the graphic interface of FortiOS makes it simple to use and straightforward. FortiGate NGFWs offer intuitive management consoles to efficiently manage security automations & performances, while fine tuning policy configurations on a hassle-free interface.
- FortiGate NGFWs use advanced SPU technology to drive security initiatives with minimal latency, ensuring peak performance as well as security for SSL encrypted traffic.
- FortiGate NGFWs provide various networking capabilities and flexibility, including advanced later 7 security & virtual domain integration. Each firewall provides a multitude of high-speed interfaces to operate on minimal cost with maximum security and efficiency.